Monday, April 7, 2008

Library Tote


Well, it hasn't been because I haven't been crafting that I haven't posted anything. I just keep forgetting to take pictures. I've made a birthday cape for my nephew, tu-tu's for a few little birthday parties, a few more crayon rolls, and a shoulder tote for my niece. Gabriella thought the fun pink and orange tote was for her, so when I told her it wasn't, I had to act quick. I unloaded my stash of fabric and told her to pick what she pleased. She choose some orange and purple Amy Butler flannel that was suppose to be receiving blanket for Gwen. Obviously that didn't happen, so that's what we used. I found a tutorial here and adjusted the measurements to make a library tote for her. Gabriella quickly dumped out the books and threw all her babies, dozens of diapers and as many handfuls of wipes she could get away with, flung it over her head and shoulder and carried on calling it her diaper bag. I guess that's as good as anything. But it sure did come in handy today when we returned 5 books to the library and picked up 9 more and 3 DVDs.
I promise to take pictures and post my current projects in the works.

8 comments:

Kelli said...

I thought maybe the spool people put you over the edge. hehe. Glad your back and not........... Love your blog and ideas.

Jill said...

how funny... i was looking at that tutorial earlier today thinking it would make a good tote bag. I found it through a sew mama sew link. It turned out very cute! I like the fabric too.

Tasha said...

I have done this bag too! Love it. I am glad you are posting some of your projects again. I really need to get some fun new ideas. I am in a funk and could really use a good project to cheer me up. This turned out so cute. I love that she automatically turned it into a diaper bag. Got to love a little girl. It put a smile on my face!

Cathy said...

That is darling, and so handy! I love the fabric.

Bryn said...

I loved Taylor's and I love this one! Your bag got me to thinking how I need to take Dax to the library...9 books and 3 movies? That's as fun as Christmas!

Lisa said...

Cute Jamie. I need to take my kids to the library too! I love that it's a diaper bag/library bag... I'm sure it'll be multi-functional!

Becca said...

A Door A bel!!!

Beaux Lane said...

The spool people are totally adorable and I would love to do the same for my little one. How did you do ones with pig tales? Can't figure that one out....great idea! I love your blog.