Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Bibs


These are definitely not fancy, or original for that matter, but personalized bibs are fun, easy, inexpensive, and cute. I think these are the perfect little gifts for those friends that didn't have a baby shower because they had baby number 2, 3 or 4. Or for someone that you are taking dinner to after they've had a baby. Even for visiting teachers or teachees. Really, I just think they are perfect for that mom who has everything, but their new little baby needs something of their own.

I bought brown baby corduroy for the back, because it works with boys, girls, and unknown genders. Dig through some of your left over scrap fabric-they hardly use any, find a cute font, embroider the name, add a little ric rac and viola, you're done. I like the idea of using "bebe" for friends that don't know what they are having, or just monogramming it with the babies initials. Anyway, really don't inspect the sewing or the final product, just thought I'd share what I think is a great little gift idea.

8 comments:

Bryn said...

Great idea!! It reminds me of the cute one Gwen has! Really creative Jamie...I mean Martha Stewart!! Are you strating your own magazine soon? :)

Carly said...

Jamie!! I am so excited to have found you :). Your crafts are so cute. I was just trying figure out what I was going to give a shower-less newborn... this looks perfect!

Jennifer said...

Jamie! I absolutely loved Sara's bib. The colors and fabrics are perfect. You are a master embrodier. I totally inspected the sewing and it's perfect!!! So perfectly precious that Sara may never be allowed to use it. It is absolutely going in her keepsake box! Thanks a million.

Lisa said...

So cute. Love the colors and the font. Where do you find the time?

Carly said...

Jamie--I love Goldilocks and embroidery too--this bib is seriously on my "to do" this weekend (hooray for MLK day!)

My email is carlyjane35@gmail.com

Jamie C. said...

Lisa, it's called 3 less children, not to mention a newborn, 1:00 church and a 7:30 bedtime for my girls! It's amazing what I can get accomplished without little Gwen helping me push the sewing pedal, and little Gabriella trying to sit in the same chair as the one I'm sewing in. Just amazing!

Tasha said...

So fabulous!!! How do you know how to imbroider names?? I need to learn that. These are great. I think one of my favorite things to sew are baby things. Bibs really are a great idea and with the name on the front . . . so cute. I think that is going to take me some practise, but I am going to try.

The Seaquist Family said...

Do you sleep? When are you doing all of this? How do you come up with these brilliant ideas. I guess one day I'll be able to say that yes, I know Jamie Chiara...now that she is famous.