Thursday, February 7, 2008

Belts and Barrettes



These two ideas are easy peasy and almost not worthy of a post, but I said I would share my ideas, so here they are. Maybe my amateur attempts at craftiness will spark something in you more creative people and result in something far more brilliant.

I mentioned on my family blog that Gabs is getting less and less interested in having her hair done. Well, luckily for us, these little clipy do-dads have saved yet another battle of the wills. We have found a compromise. Ever since Gwens hair has grown long enough to hold a clip, Gabs has insisted in having a clip too. I bought Goody barrettes, scrapbooking flowers and used buttons I have saved from clothes for years. Apply a little hot glue and now you have a mom and a little girl happy with the hair wardrobe situation. I choose more spring colored flowers, but can't wait until Fall rolls around when we'll make red, brown and orange ones.

And, if you're anything like me, you see a little more of your little girlies behind than you'd like. Gabs has a serious problem, I have yet to find any pants that stay on her. So I bought d-rings and some ribbon and sewed a little seam, and there you have it. I added the floweres for fun, but they were cute without too.

So, now hopefully I'll be seeing a lot less bum and lot more groomed hair around here!

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

"Easy peasy"? Is that HB lingo? Funny.

Bryn said...

CUTE! Can you come up with something crafty, but not so cutesy for holey boy jeans?! Thanks!

April said...

I think I'll have to copy your idea. Elise always talks about having flowers in her hair. It's from the "Island Princess." I am sure this is something I can do.

Tasha said...

So cute! Love it. You are so good at making solutions for problems and in such a cute way. I love the belts. I, like Bryn, need to come up with a solution for my boys. At least Tanner. Pants are definatly a problem at our house too. I love getting to see all the things you are making!

Lisa said...

jamie dear... it just makes me miss you when I check your blog. You are just too darn cute. I love these belts and am determined to make some. Thanks for posting about them... even if they are easy peasy. That's exactly what I need!

Kelli said...

so cute!